Every once in awhile an opportunity arises for freelancers khổng lồ present their work or expertise khổng lồ peers and prospective sầu clients. Agreeing to take part is at best a fantastic chance lớn network, a way lớn exchange ideas và insights or to lớn piông xã up contacts that will give you work. At worst, it is a terrifying và overwhelming commitment.
Bạn đang xem: Slide deck là gì
Designing a slide dechồng is one of the first steps to prepare for a presentation and will help guide the organization of your talk. Engaging slides will not only help you better communicate your ideas to your audience, it will demonstrate your professionalism, & knowing you"ve sầu got a good deông xã will reinforce your confidence as you get up khổng lồ speak.
Guide khổng lồ Making Great Presentations (Free eBook Download)
Also, be sure to lớn grab our free eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. It will help you master the presentation process, from: initial idea, through lớn writing, kiến thiết, và delivering with impact.
Now let"s get into lớn these killer slide deông chồng presentation thiết kế tips.
Setting up Your Slide Deck
1. Software: If you"re unsure how to begin building your slides, Keynote (part of the iWork bundle) is widely considered the favorite presentation software of designers who are also seasoned presenters. PowerPoint & plain old PDFs will also vày the trick.
Learn how khổng lồ start using PowerPoint in this tutorial:
While software should be established upfront, it is arguably a secondary concern. The qualities that will make or break your presentation are the content and the thiết kế. Spkết thúc most of your time creating và displaying your nội dung.
2. File format: Ask whoever is organizing your event how you should deliver your presentation.Will there be a computer và a projector for you lớn use?What file types are accepted?How big is the presentation room? This will give you an idea how large lớn phối your text, though generally, bigger is always better.
A PDF is usually a safe bet and serves as a reliable backup to lớn whatever format you go with. If you are running the slides yourself, go over the keyboard shortcuts and make sure you can navigate your way around the software so that your presentation will run uninterrupted.
3. Size: Generally, a 1024x768 kích thước at 72 dpi is yet another safe bet. Most projectors do not have a resolution higher than this (those that do tover to be pricier). Images smaller than the projector"s output will enlarge fuzzy & pixelated, so plan for the best case scenario, or highest form size possible, keeping in mind that the larger the presentation form size the larger (và heavier) your tệp tin kích cỡ. The 1024x768 resolution strikes a good balance between displaying nicely and running smoothly.
4. Transitions: Go easy on the transitional animations. Simple & subtle transitions vì the trichồng of getting from one slide to lớn the next without distracting from your important nội dung. Transitions on their own are not all that important khổng lồ a slide deck, but implemented carefully, they can add that final, professional touch.
5. Templates: A presentation template kiến thiết needs lớn be truly worth using. They can be poorly designed, commonly used (others will have sầu the same deông chồng as you), or are not versatile enough to lớn create an interesting presentation. It is better lớn make your own chất lượng template with a simple background or texture and consistent use of fonts.
Ideally, the design will speak to lớn your subject matter. If you"re not experienced at designing your own slides though, here are some professional PowerPoint templates for inspiration or purchase.
6. Give sầu yourself credit: Make sure your name & a way lớn contact you are clearly labeled within your deông chồng, typically on the first or last slides, or both.
Preparing Your Content
7. Placement: Unless you are confident that your presentation will take place in a venue with stadium seating, be sure khổng lồ place text và important information at the top of the slide. This way those in the baông chồng can still get the gist of your talk without trying lớn dodge the heads and hairdos of tall people standing in front of them.
8. Leave sầu room for additional insights: Do not plan lớn reiterate what is already apparent on the slide. Words và images should be a trigger for what you are going lớn say, reinforcing your speech, not making your speech redundant.
9. One idea per slide: Text và visuals on the same slide should speak khổng lồ the same idea. What you are saying while that slide is on display should also support that idea, even if you plan to go further into lớn depth.
Better yet, choose the deepest idea – the most detailed or the most complex – to lớn display on your slide so that people will listen as you build up your narrative sầu, helping them make sense of what they are seeing. This reinforces understanding. If you need or want khổng lồ talk about a new idea, create another slide. If the idea is not worthy of a new slide then perhaps you could reconsider whether it is necessary lớn include it.
10. Avoid bullet points: When you are able, trade the list format for a more interesting photograph or illustration that demonstrates the same idea. If you cannot avoid them completely, limit yourself khổng lồ three short bullets, which will be easier to lớn digest than five sầu or ten long ones.
11. Bigger is better: Use large text and large images. The larger the better because they will be easier for those in the baông chồng lớn see. This should go without saying, but too many presentations have images with photographs too small to see from a distance. Consider swapping small images with a strong headline or a larger illustration.
12. One image per slide: Just as there should be one idea per slide, there should also only be one image per slide. This keeps the message straightforward và focused, and it ensures you will take the advice above sầu và use extra-large images.
13. Vary your visuals: Your dechồng shouldn"t have sầu 100% of one type of graphic. Ideally it will phối photographs, illustrations, & text khổng lồ sustain your audience"s interest. The same format over and over again is boring, which is another reason not lớn use a standard template.
14. Creative Commons: Images with Creative Commons licenses are uploaded for không lấy phí use in things lượt thích presentations, but be sure you provide proper image credit. Some licenses allow manipulation of an image, others bởi not. Nearly all require attribution, so be sure lớn provide credits when you insert the image into your slide show. Find the images you need by searching via CreativeCommons.org.
15. Display less than 15 words per slide, preferably less than 10: The faster someone can read what"s on your slide, the quicker they will return to your face and concentrate on what you are saying. However uncomfortable this idea may make you, it is this engagement that you need in order to lớn captivate your audience and deliver an effective sầu presentation.
These statistics give you an idea of how fast your audience will be able khổng lồ absorb your content (as well as how fast you will be able to lớn share it). The average person:speaks about 150 words per minute;reads about 250 to lớn 300 words per minute;writes about đôi mươi words per minute while copying.
Rethành viên, you want your audience to be paying attention to lớn you while they are looking at the slides. Note: Your audience will read faster than you can speak. The duration of a slide should last no longer than a couple of minutes, which is no hard & fast rule, but the idea is that you should feel confident you are not boring your audience. It only takes a split second khổng lồ thua someone"s interest & can take quite a few more lớn regain it.
16. Ensure colors are high-contrast: Most projectors bởi not display perfectly accurate color. Also, the rooms that you present in are rarely pitch black, even when the lights are out và curtains are drawn. This unfortunate truism means there will be less contrast onscreen, & even though they look slick, darker colors (lượt thích red on black) become difficult to lớn read. Instead use light-colored text on a dark background or vice versa.
17. Use legible type with a good weight: Just as you should opt for colors with high contrast, you also want people lớn be able lớn read your slides from a distance. Avoid thin & ultra-thin typefaces which have a tendency to disappear inkhổng lồ their backgrounds. Also avoid difficult-to-read display fonts, unless of course the effect is intentional.
Delivering Your Presentation
18. Walk through your slides ahead of time: Attempt a dry-run of your presentation with your slides at least twice. This will help you figure out which slides might be irrelevant, whether the ordering is appropriate, as well as how to transition from one idea to lớn the next.
The more familiar you are with your slides and the narrative you intover lớn spin around them, the smoother your presentation will go. Cheông chồng out the excellent tips in Learning to Love (or Survive) Speaking Events.
19. Write a script: If you are worried about losing your place while you are speaking, write a script to lớn sit alongside your slides that will jog your memory (simply two or three bullet points per slide). You can always keep this list next to lớn you và refer khổng lồ it while you present.
đôi mươi. Surprise your audience and yourself: Don"t include anything in your slide deông chồng that bores you, or it will surely bore your audience as well. Among mỏi the ways to keep your slides interesting:Be funny. Tell a joke or show a comical illustration.Talk about why you"re passionate.Tell a personal story.
Your slides should reinforce these ideas. Try to lớn imagine the possibilities with your dechồng. Look at other decks for inspiration. Be sure to attempt a creative approach toward your subject-matter, even if it means taking a risk. Doing so will make your presentation more memorable.
Once your presentation is over & done with (whew), try not lớn fully relax until you"ve sầu followed through completely.
21. Share your slides: Host your slides in a public forums for people to see and tải về, which will allow you to lớn continue reaping the benefits of your presentation well after the sự kiện is over. You"ve invested time và effort inlớn designing an awesome deông xã, so this is the least you can vì for yourself.
Slidecốt truyện is one appropriate network with a huge user platkhung of 45 million people. The không lấy phí account provides an easy embed code, as well as viewing & tải về stats for your files (the pay-for account provides additional user analytics).
Double check that your slides have sầu uploaded properly, then make it widely known on your other networks (Twitter, Linked In, Facebook) that you have sầu made these slides publicly available.
If people lượt thích your deông xã they"ll be more inclined khổng lồ tải về your SlideShare, give their own presentations, and spread your message, và after all there is no better networking mechanism than one that does the work for you. Learn how lớn use SlideShare in this tutorial:
22. Saying thanks: Others have sầu generously expended time and energy to ensure you have a place lớn nội dung your work và ideas. Gratefulness is an excellent networking technique (và generally a great life skill) that improves your community. Be sure to:Engage in dialogue with new contacts who reach out khổng lồ you.Thank others who presented with you. Offer them feedbaông xã on their presentations & add them khổng lồ your networks.Thank the organizers who invited you to lớn present. With any luông xã, they"ll invite you bachồng in the future.
Do you have any additional tips for designing a great slide deck? We"d love sầu to hear your ideas.
Extra Presentation Resources
If you"re new to lớn realchampionshipwrestling.com presentations, we"d recommover a number of introductory tutorials to get you up khổng lồ tốc độ with the basics:
Learn All About Making Great Presentations (Free eBook)
Download The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations eBook now for FREE with a subscription khổng lồ the Tuts+ realchampionshipwrestling.com Newsletter. Get your ideas formed into lớn a powerful presentation that will move sầu your audience!
Discover Additional Presentation Options
If you"re interested in getting some help with your presentation project, Envalớn Studio has a great collection of presentation design services providers that you might like to lớn explore. You could also take a look at the presentation design templates on GraphicRiver.
Or, explore our all inclusive offer on Envakhổng lồ Elements. Sign up for Envalớn Elements and you get access to thousands of graphics và templates (with unlimited use), from creative trang web themes, professional video clip files, to the best presentation templates, và more—all for one low price.
Browse through more trending PowerPoint templates or pitch dechồng PPT designs here on Envalớn Tuts+.
Editorial Note: A few times a month we revisit some of our reader’s favorite posts. This article was first published March 3rd, 2011, yet is just as relevant và full of useful information today.